This Fast Company article cited a few of the ways conference organizers are finding new ways to engage remote audiences. In addition to networking (always a hit!) this is a list of ideas to keep attendees engaged at conferences (or similar events):
- Regular breaks (ie a stretching break!)
- Live music performances between sessions
- Yoga classes
- Cooking classes
- Sending care packages to attendees in advance. There were some fun ones:
- a sleep aid for the night before the event
- a tea kit so attendees can enjoy a shared tea break
- a resistance band that will be utilized for a conference-wide exercise session
We’ve also seen some creative ways to use the Expo so when attendees are exploring they can check out something “fun” between programming
- Livestream of puppies (because who doesn’t love puppies?!)
- Livestream of the jellyfish at the Monterey Bay Aquarium!
- Photo booth or “Instagrammable moment” that’s created in an expo booth (all my ideas seem to be 🐶 related today but I recently heard of an event having a “Meet and Greet” with a celebrity dog that was a big hit)
Anything else we’re missing? What are other ways to keep attendees engaged?