Has anyone seen a scavenger hunt done especially well?
A virtual scavenger hunt aims to guide your attendees into all your event areas to find hidden “tokens.” These tokens or challenges can take many forms. For example, if a certain phrase gets said during a keynote presentation. Or, a keyword is hiding in the session chat.
We recommend drafting a list of 10-20 things your attendees will have to do to complete the hunt and communicate the rules in advance (including details on any requirements for completing each task).
Here are a few virtual scavenger hunt ideas:
- Snap a photo of you participating in an evening cocktail making class
- Grab a photo of you participating in the yoga and meditation break
- Schedule a 1:1 meeting with an exhibitor (including a screenshot of the calendar hold)
- Identify the keyword mentioned in the opening Keynote
- Visit the platinum sponsor booth and speak with the rep on audio and video to retrieve the hidden keyword
- Snap a photo of you participating in the virtual Happy Hour
- Attend three breakout sessions (attendance can be confirmed post-event)
- Introduce yourself in the general event chat
- Answer a poll question
We’d love to hear your ideas! For more ideas on gamification, check out our blog post here.