Solved

Limiting schedule to certain ticket types?

• 2 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am having an event this Friday, March 5th and had a couple of questions that I could not find answers to in the knowledge base.

I am using Hopin to interview about 40 students.  There are about 20 interviewers.  I want it set up in such a way that the interviewers and candidates alike, only see the interview(s) they’re associated with and not others.  I currently have it set up so that each candidate has their own private ticket type that I am sending them.  Interviewers have their own ticket type too.  In each session (or rather “interview room”), I have set it up so that only the folks with a specific ticket can enter the session, in this case, the candidates or interviewers.

My question concerns the schedule.  If I link a schedule item to a specific session, which is tied to specific ticket types, will candidates and interviewers see ONLY the parts of the schedule which has sessions they can attend?  Essentially, I don’t want them to see parts of the schedule that corresponds to someone else’s interview slot/session that they can’t enter.

My second question is about moderated or invite only sessions.  I have this session where I would like to have a panel of folks hold a Q&A and share their audio/video and the attendees or interviewees participate via chat.  How do I determine who are the folks that turn their audio/video on as opposed to being an attendee?    I have a ticket type for my panelist, but so I would like it to be automatic, if possible, but I can also select the moderators in real time if need be.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Benjamin 3 March 2021, 09:18

If I link a schedule item to a specific session, which is tied to specific ticket types, will candidates and interviewers see ONLY the parts of the schedule which has sessions they can attend?  Essentially, I don’t want them to see parts of the schedule that corresponds to someone else’s interview slot/session that they can’t enter.

-- As far as I know, the schedule is global. So everyone can see all the schedule points. A workaround would be not naming your topics in the schedule specifically and instead just tie “sessionblocks” that are good to see for everyone and then specify them in the sessions area. Or completely disable the schedule via CSS and give everyone his/her own schedule.

My second question is about moderated or invite only sessions.  I have this session where I would like to have a panel of folks hold a Q&A and share their audio/video and the attendees or interviewees participate via chat.  How do I determine who are the folks that turn their audio/video on as opposed to being an attendee?    I have a ticket type for my panelist, but so I would like it to be automatic, if possible, but I can also select the moderators in real time if need be.

-- “Invite only” only affects who can see the session in the first place, so that’s not your use case. Just set it up as moderated and add your panelists as moderators as they’ve registered. You can also change their rights or add more moderators live during the session if you simply change it in the backend. Just keep in mind that every one of those moderators gets the moderation panel and could possibly grant access to attendees who requested to share AV. Also if you’re logged in as well you could just go through the request for AV and simply get those folks on stage who are permitted.

So all in all not the answer you hoped for, I guess. But at least some kind of way to deal with it. ;)

View original

2 replies

If I link a schedule item to a specific session, which is tied to specific ticket types, will candidates and interviewers see ONLY the parts of the schedule which has sessions they can attend?  Essentially, I don’t want them to see parts of the schedule that corresponds to someone else’s interview slot/session that they can’t enter.

-- As far as I know, the schedule is global. So everyone can see all the schedule points. A workaround would be not naming your topics in the schedule specifically and instead just tie “sessionblocks” that are good to see for everyone and then specify them in the sessions area. Or completely disable the schedule via CSS and give everyone his/her own schedule.

-- “Invite only” only affects who can see the session in the first place, so that’s not your use case. Just set it up as moderated and add your panelists as moderators as they’ve registered. You can also change their rights or add more moderators live during the session if you simply change it in the backend. Just keep in mind that every one of those moderators gets the moderation panel and could possibly grant access to attendees who requested to share AV. Also if you’re logged in as well you could just go through the request for AV and simply get those folks on stage who are permitted.

So all in all not the answer you hoped for, I guess. But at least some kind of way to deal with it. ;)

Badge

Thanks Benjamin!  This was actually really helpful so I think I’ll make a general Interview Schedule Block and put all my interview sessions there.  It seems that that is the best way to avoid having everyone see a million different schedules they don’t need to be a part of.