Question

New to Hopin; A few basic questions

• 31 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’m new to Hopin and enjoying the experience so far. I have not hosted my first event yet but have a couple on the schedule. I have a few questions that I haven’t found answers to yet… perhaps you know the answers.

These have arisen as a result of an event I’m hosting on behalf of a small, nonprofit group. Their members are not particularly tech savvy and they have a few requests that I’d hoped to accommodate in Hopin. 

Is there an option to feature an on-stage background image without additional software? 

As Admin, can I add attendees, allowing them to bypass or minimize the registration process? I’m concerned that I may have to use StreamYard because a background image is required and all but one of the speakers are also participants. 

Is there anyway to capture all participants on screen (for a screenshot)? It appears my only option may be to link to Zoom.

Is there a way to preview and/or test the stages and components before scheduling event?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi Careena! First off, welcome to the community! We have a great knowledge base with answers to a lot of your questions.  But I’ll share a few pointers/ ideas below.  You can also check out some ideas of how other non profits are using Hopin to fundraise, etc!  

Is there an option to feature an on-stage background image without additional software? 

• A RTMP provider like StreamYard is the best way of adding backgrounds, logos, names of speakers, etc on stage. 
  • But if you are simply looking to show different content while you are speaking, a suggestions is to present in Sessions and open two  different browser windows-- one where the speaker is presenting and another where she/he can do a screenshare or show a powerpoint. Here’s more on how to use sessions.

As Admin, can I add attendees, allowing them to bypass or minimize the registration process? 

• Unfortunately Magic links, which allow attendees to bypass the registration process by having organizers uploading attendee info and pre-registering attendees-–is only available in higher-tier plans. 

Is there anyway to capture all participants on screen (for a screenshot)? It appears my only option may be to link to Zoom.

• Yes! You can have up to 20 people onscreen at once in sessions. Check out the Sessions Tutorial.

Is there a way to preview and/or test the stages and components before scheduling event? 

• Definitely. There is a preview mode in the backend when you are setting up the event!