Solved

Training Event

• 12 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Has anyone planned a training event that expands across several weeks, i.e. meets once a day for 6 weeks.  Any tips on how to set that up? Also I couldn’t find a response in the knowledgebase, so my guess is it is not possible.  Within a session can attendees be broken out into smaller groups; like a sub-group?  If not, how would I integrate zoom breakouts as these smaller groups?

Thanks for any guidance you can share.

icon

Best answer by Lorna Weston-Smyth 13 February 2021, 19:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Roxy

You would need to set up a separate event for each of the weeks as the max an event can be on Hopin is 3 days.

For the breakout sessions Zoom does not integrate with the Session, only with the Stage. What you can do if you know who will be in each of the sub-sessions is create a Private Session and add them to the “Who Can Watch”. Then when it’s time to go to those sessions you can post a link to each of their sessions in the chat OR they can click on Sessions in the left side menu and they only session they will see is the one they need to be in. 

Hi, I am hosting a paid event which runs over the course of 3 days in a month period.  We are offering 1 ticket for all 3 days, or a ticket for each day.

Am I right in thinking that if someone buys a ticket for the 3 days of the event, we would have to manually invite them, add them into the attendees manually, or send them the login details for the other 2 days?

Hope that makes sense!

Ali

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Ali Meehan 

You can have the one day tickets for each event on Hopin as public tickets along with the special 3 day ticket on the first event. You then send the ones who purchase all 3 days from you at a special price the link to a hidden free ticket for the remaining 2 events. you can set this up in your autoresponder (such as MailChimp) so you don’t have to send the emails individually. 

@Lorna Weston-Smyth  is the Executive Partner for the John Maxwell Team and runs both their Summits and monthly member meet ups. Thanks for the advice, Lorna!

@Ali Meehan

You can have the one day tickets for each event on Hopin as public tickets along with the special 3 day ticket on the first event. You then send the ones who purchase all 3 days from you at a special price the link to a hidden free ticket for the remaining 2 events. you can set this up in your autoresponder (such as MailChimp) so you don’t have to send the emails individually. 

Thanks Lorna - thats really helpful.  Only problem is when I have created free tickets and want to share the ‘hidden’ link.  When you click on copy registration link none of them work :(. Is this a bug in the system and do you know when it will be fixed?  I will report it also.  I don’t have pop ups blocked either.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Ali Meehan best to contact support then. I’m not sure what is going on with your dashboard.