“We saw engagement like nothing we’d ever seen. The chat was going crazy everyday leading up to the event!”
Looking for ideas?
Jennie Whittaker, founder of the Gilmore Girls Fan Fest (based off the hit sitcom from the early 2000’s) was forced to transition their annual event into a virtual one when Covid hit. She makes up half of their 2-person team who produced a 2,000 person fest. We interviewed her to see how to create engagement with their fan base.
What is the attendee experience like?
Producing your first virtual event can be nerve-racking. We hear this all the time. So here’s a live walkthrough of a virtual event on Hopin as an attendee. In this video you’ll see:
- all the different areas of a Hopin event, including the stage, sessions, expo booths, and networking.
- the different ways you can engage with and meet other event attendees.
- tips on how to prepare before an event for a great experience.
Create your own intro video to share with attendees
Another idea is to create and share your own intro video with attendees before the event. This is a great way of helping your audience get to know you and creating engagement ahead of time. Here are some tips on what to include:
- Show them the different areas of your event.
- Walk them through the event schedule so they know what to expect.
- Set up some polls and enable the chat and ask folks to engage before the event.
- Add any troubleshooting tips.
- Share a link to the video in an email a few days before your event and/ or post it in the reception area of your event.
Are we missing anything? Comment with your suggestions.