New: The Hopin mobile app is now LIVE!

• 10 March 2021
  • 4 replies
New: The Hopin mobile app is now LIVE!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi everyone––we have some exciting news. The new Hopin Mobile App is live on the App Store! Now you have access to the same Hopin event experience — for free on your phone. 🥳 Download Hopin Mobile App and comment below on what you think! We’d love to hear your feedback.  (If it’s your first time in the community, sign in the same way you sign into your existing account).

So what can you use the app for? Read on for all the features it’ll include. 

Here’s what you can use the app to do:

WATCH LIVE EVENTS

Join one of the thousands of events hosted daily on Hopin and view sessions with high-quality video and sound.

ENGAGE WITH OTHERS

Interact with other attendees via live chat messages, polls, private video meetings, and even group meetings.

BOOKMARK YOUR AGENDA

Easily view your event’s agenda and bookmark the sessions and experiences you want to see.

BUILD YOUR NETWORK

Meet new people and make connections with Hopin’s one-on-one video networking. You can connect with people around the globe — whether you’re attending in-person or virtually.

VISIT EVENT BOOTHS

Grab deals, find extra event resources and learn more about sponsors inside event booths. You can watch live or pre-recorded videos, ask questions in the chat, and even join the live video stream.

JOIN FROM MULTIPLE DEVICES

Watch sessions from your desktop computer while you answer polls and chat with other attendees from your mobile device. 

Note: Right the Hopin App is only available on iOS but it will soon be available for Android, too.  

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

A long awaited release! A few questions-

1. If attendees register for an event via Magic Link, how do they log in to the app? 
  2. Is there a way as organizers to see all of our events in the app? We have many events created and I only see the most current 3 events. It would be nice to preview the app to clients that have an event more than a month or so down the road!

Thanks,

Sam

Badge

Looks great so far but a few issues I’ve noticed. 

For me tapping on sessions completely crashes the app every time and I’ve not been able to go into that section. We are running a Pro account with a custom name instead of the default for sessions. This is running on an iPhone 12 Pro iOS 14.4.1

All booths for our live event right now show as live even when they are set to fallback.

As an organiser I can’t preview an event like I can on desktop which is pretty much useless for testing as you will see below.

For anyone running custom themes be very careful with the “More Information” sections below the sessions window in the expo. We have an exhibitor who’s booth looks perfect on a desktop browser but in the app looks like this

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Sam Piasecki 

1. If attendees register for an event via Magic Link, how do they log in to the app? 
  2. Is there a way as organizers to see all of our events in the app? We have many events created and I only see the most current 3 events. It would be nice to preview the app to clients that have an event more than a month or so down the road!

1. This is a great question. Let me get back to you.
  2. Not yet, but I’ve just added this to our notes to Product Team for v2 :) 
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Michael Vermaak 

Looks great so far but a few issues I’ve noticed. 

For me tapping on sessions completely crashes the app every time and I’ve not been able to go into that section. We are running a Pro account with a custom name instead of the default for sessions. This is running on an iPhone 12 Pro iOS 14.4.1

All booths for our live event right now show as live even when they are set to fallback.

As an organiser I can’t preview an event like I can on desktop which is pretty much useless for testing as you will see below.

For anyone running custom themes be very careful with the “More Information” sections below the sessions window in the expo. We have an exhibitor who’s booth looks perfect on a desktop browser but in the app looks like this

Thanks for sharing this @Michael Vermaak. Appreciate your feedback. We’re flagging all of the above to Product team!